Stream-of-consciousness thoughts on patterns - where we’re at in 2007. Not a tutorial. Definitely not a tutorial.
- Where did patterns come from? Not GoF, not Alexander.
- Alexander, patterns, and architecture.
- Patterns in the organisation - how can a pattern language pervade an organisation and help workers carry out its mission statement and operating principles? Different high level patterns (e.g. “People first” for one company, “Technology first” for another) mean different lower-level patterns (crude example: staff pattern in people-oriented firm - “managers come from HR” versus staff pattern in tech-oriented firm - “Managers become tech leadership”)
- Wikis were literally built for patterns
- Promoting and deploying patterns