Ajax Basics 3 of 3
This is the final of three podcasts on the basic Ajax patterns.
- Podcast 1: Display Patterns and the DOM.
- Podcast 2: Web Remoting - XMLHttpRequest, IFrame Call, HTTP Streaming.
This 77 minute podcast covers all the foundational technologies not yet covered in previous podcasts. Due to some reshuffling as the book was being edited, there are now four more patterns here than previously announced:
- User Action Using the DOM’s event mechanism to deal with user actions such as mouse clicks (02:05)
- Ajax_App The root of all Ajax (Note: The wiki version is empty at this time). Discussion of [Ajax Deluxe versus Ajax Lite]((http://www.softwareas.com/ajax-lite-versus-ajax-deluxe). (22:10)
- Web Service The thing what sits on your server and gets called by the browser ‘n’ stuff (Note: The wiki version is empty at this time) (31:30)
- Richer Plugin “Richer Plugin is an acknowledgement that Ajax alone is not always enough” (This pattern was the subject of the recent “What Ajax Can’t Do” debacle - Quote from Digg user: “This article is total crap.”) (48:20)
Featuring Ruby music by Why.
That completes the Basics series. Once the book is out of the way (Real Soon Now), expect to hear more Ajax pattern podcasts!
As always, feedback is welcome - [email protected]