Testing and designing with mock objects
Welcome to the second half of this unit testing podcast series.
Last week’s podcast covered some unit-testing tips and JUnit patterns. This week covers mock objects – the how and why,
- Behaviour based testing versus state-based testing (I call it behaviour here, Fowler calls it interaction.)
- Mock objects and example.
- EasyMock, JMock.
- Test-driven development, designing with mock objects.
- Wiring up mock objects: Abstract Factory, Dependency Injection.
- Announcements: Techpodcasts, Clark Boyd’s World Technology Podcast, Feedback please
This is a Podcast – a blog entry with an embedded MP3 link. On Internet Explorer, Click the left mouse button to listen, or click the right mouse buttton and “Save As…” to download. Better yet, you can subscribe for updates straight into your PC or ipod – it’s easy, open, and free. Install the free, open-source, Ipodder client and when it starts, just paste this in: “http://www.softwareas.com/podcast/rss2”. Too easy! 15 minutes and you can be subscribed to receive thousands of MP3 podcasts – from official BBC documentaries to business personalities like Sun COO Jonathan Schwartz to scores of amateur publishers speaking about their own interests. They will download straight to your PC as soon as they’re published. You can listen to them on your PC or any portable MP3 player. If you have an IPod, programs like IPodder will push the downloaded MP3s straight into ITunes, so you can leave home each day with new content loaded on to your IPod. More info in the Podcast FAQ.