A few things we discussed:
- The design behind Blummy. (Interestingly, I was incorrect to guess it uses XHR – basically, the Blummy is like a Greasemonkey script – it uses DOM manipulation to alter the page you’re on, building up the container of all the Blummlets, and interacts with other sites using standard HTTP requests.)
- Plans for Blummy, its use of Lazy Registration, security issues.
- Developing for cross-browser compatibility.
- Passing data from another domain with JSON.
- The design behind Bandnews. Most band websites don’t bother with RSS, so Bandnews creates its own RSS feed, which is what the browser script reads.
- Why some Ajax apps are slow and what can be done about it.
- Libraries mentioned: dojotoolkit, prototype.