Whereupon a new podcast series begins …
In this 73 minute podcast, we look at the seven patterns of web services as they relate to Ajax clients.
- RPC Service Expose web services as Remote Procedural Calls (RPCs). (Note: In the book and wiki, REST appears before RPC.) (6:55)
- RESTful Service Expose web services according to RESTful principles. (13:25 )
- HTML Response Have the server generate HTML snippets to be displayed in the browser. (44:45)
- Semantic Response Have the server respond with abstract, semantic, data. (49:00)
- Plain-Text Message Pass simple messages between server and browser in plain-text format. (56:05)
- XML Message Pass messages between server and browser in XML format. (57:20)
Thanks for your feedback since last time. Good, bad, or ugly, it’s all welcome – in the comments for this podcast or firstname.lastname@example.org.